Friday, September 22, 2006

She was a cat.

Now she's taking it easy amongst clouds in kitty heaven.

To be very honest, it is a little sad that she had to go this way.... however, i won't bother with all the if's, but's and could have's, i will not blame anyone, not even the driver who hit her. Netiher will i blame myself nor my friend who helped me look after her. Death is a process of life and while she may only be a cat, i value her as much as the people who have gone before me.

This episode reminds me of something we all know all this while: That life is short. That life is unpredictable. While you may not be killed in an accident, you can be removed from existence just as easily by some disease. Would you have looked back on your life and think "yes, i've done things i've want to do" or "shit, i've made all this money, now what?" Sure....money can get you the best doctors and medical attention, but what if you've caught something like... HIV? Then what? It may buy you a bit more time, but that time is spent in misery.
Money has always, and will still take back-seat in my life, unless it's in line with what i want to do in life. Sure, i'd love to have lots of it, but i also will not allow it to cloud my thinking or my principals or let it stop me from doing what makes me happy.

I know some of you may think i'm over reacting, Tash may be just bloody road-kill, or that a cat's life has zero economical/productive value as compared to a human life. For those of you who think this way, I would like to offer you a middle finger and a simple "FUCK YOU", in it's full glory. The cat does show emotions. She is capable of expressing feelings like fear, regret and love. She can show me more love than most of my ex girlfriends can.
I'm not practicing double standards. I know i am a carnivore. But my principal is that i will not eat any animal that i have had a personal interaction with.

So Tash, i know you may not read very well, even more so now. But i hope you've had a good time with me....and your short term friend B.B..... i know you probably didn't understand Korean, and you ate her body lotion....and watermelon seeds....i know that some of my friends are frightened of you... i know you chewed up two of my very expensive earphones, destroyed an expensive tie, destroyed my bed and kicked cat litter all over my room....but it's all cool.

Perhaps someone up there decided that blood must be shed for certain things i've done. Perhaps you've taken the place of some ill fate that I would otherwise have suffered.

But goodbye for now, and mew hello to the two other people i know. Cause like you, they left me with hardly a goodbye.

3 comments:

It's Life, Babe! said...

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Ben, u're definitely not over-reacting...animals can be gd companions in life though..Let's always treasure what u hv in life, not to hv regrets when u lost it someday.. :)

DilettanteP said...

Sorry to hear your cat died so tragically. I feel your pain.

I know how it feels to lose a pet. After all, she is family.

I actually learnt to love from having my dog.

May she have an awesome life in Fur Creature Heaven.