Thursday, February 18, 2010

Work in progress...

Sometime ago, inspired by wild and funky coiffure in glossy magazines that I was researching on, I decided to start a series on Mad Hairstyles. This is an unfinished work:



I ran into some problems shortly. Problems largely to do with proportions of the human head. Although these are not realistic renderings, there is still some challenge in getting the measurements correct. Today, although my skill in anatomy still hasn't improved much, i'm at least moderately pleased with what I have been developing. Thus, I'm continuing my work on my series of Mad Hairstyles.

Mad Hairstyles is also a foray into two interesting skills I'm studying: texturing and experimental colour combination. With influence from the world of vector rendering (I work a lot with Illustrator on the computer), I'm creating these pieces almost as if they were objects on the digital screen.

Well, good luck to me and I hope to present you the complete series soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome picture. I hope you continue to work on your Art!:)