Friday, December 24, 2004

Location check : Belgium, Brussels

Madam, monsiuer...bonjour... met vriendelijke groeten...

It's so weird to be in Eurpe, everything is topsy turvy!! To start with, they drive on the left hand of the vehicle, then there's this strange keyboard that i have to deal with... you know how the traditional keyboard starts on the left with QWERTY ? this stupid keyboard starts with AZERTY... and all the other keys are misplaced...can't find all the bloody punctuations!! Had to change the configuration to US 101 to suit my fingers...

Oh, by the way, some of the people mentioned here will sound strange to my Singaporean pals, but you know who you are you ....you SYON PIKES!!!! I CONT HEEAR YU!!! KEEP MAKING PARTY!! MAKE LONG DISTANT PARTY!!

Anyhow, I'm now in Brussels! After collecting my kash from the waitering job, I moved into a hostel with Martins, then shopped for presents for my cousin and uncle.
then the next morning we were supposed to head to 1st Contact to get our bank accounts set up...but we were late!!! Damn...but just as well, cause we all don't have the relevant documents... so we spent the next 3 hour hanging around Victoria station checking out mobile phones and stuff.

Then i got on the EuroStar, the long and massive trans European train service. Got a little of England on the way...then i remembered what Jo said about England... "there is England...and then there is London..." yeah, i think so too.... If England is the beautiful country farm...then London is the blood soaked abotoire. You don't see many English people in London, just a messy array of people from so many different countries and cultures. I used to think that Singapore was multi-racial, I don't think so any more after being here. I guess this is it, places like London, New York and Tokyo are gigantamungus cities that people arrive in droves to eake out a living. Which is perhaps what i'm trying to do as well....

So when the train arrived at the Bruxxels Midi station, i caught a cab to head down to Kroonlan, Hoeilart, my cousin's place...

Today is Christmas eve, i finally geet to spend Christmas in a cold European country!! I'll just wait for my Christmas dinner tonight, see what i'll get...ha...

I've got access to a computer for this week, will update soon then! Yagalotni...(that's Russian for "i'm hungry")...gotta go find food...


No comments: