Monday, April 16, 2007

Impossible?

Since I started my first day at school, I have been failing my chinese tests and examinations at primary one to secondary four. I hated the language and I don't see the point in learning it (I STILL don't see the point in learning it, but that's another story).

There was only once, in Primary 4 that I have passed the examinations at with a grade "C" mark (or 55 out of a hundred), for the sole reason that I liked the teacher and the teacher believed in me. Pity I can't remember her name now, but I still remember how she looks...and smells. That was in 1990.

I have not used chinese ever since, I have refused to use it, hate it, resent it and thus my skills are reduced to only constructing simple sentences with writing and reading skills of just about nothing at all. (In fact I would not listen to chinese music or watch it's movies or programs for fear that it would corrupt my english).

It is the year 2007, 6 months ago, my chinese vocabulary was limited to: 你,我,他,是,不,有,要,鸟,毛,猫,狗,门,们,鱼,雨 and probably about 10 or 20 other words more。Oh, and the numbers 1 to ten (well, technically 1 to 9,999 becaue I don't know how to number then after 10,000)

Two months later, in June I will be taking my "A" level oral examinations and the written examinations at the end of the year. I am working full time and my day starts at 8am in the morning and ends at 7pm in the evening. After which I have personal work to do and meetings to plan for the next day.

Like everyone else in the world, i have "no time" for all this.

Do you think I'll make it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nope.

Anonymous said...

我们认为我们可以,最终我们可以,这是信心,信心是成功的基石。

我们认为我们可以,最终我们不可以,这是挑战,挑战是成功必经之路。

Go for it, try your best, 加油!