Monday, June 18, 2012

Aggravation, what a motivation!

An interesting thing happened at my Remedial Training earlier. During one of the 400m interval runs, the instructor challenged us: If you can make this round in 1min 40 seconds, we'll end your training early.

I made the 400m round in one minute flat.

Previously, they had similar challenges: be the first 15 to return. I ran in third.

Once upon a time, in Primary 5, my Chinese language teacher said I could never, ever pass my Chinese no matter how hard I tried. I scored Bs. (comparatively, I always flunk badly...in the F regions).

Before I went to London, Edmund said I'd never survive there...and that I'd return in a few weeks. I spent a few years away.

The thrill of beating a challenge and proving someone wrong creates a fine environment for me to be at my most productive. Now, all I need to do is to find out how to re-create this in my everyday work.

No comments: