Thursday, June 14, 2012

Quick thoughts before lunch....

I've spent some time thinking about whether or not to open up this blog to public again. I started this when I was 24 - which is a good many years ago from today. I'm a slightly different person from who I was then, but it wasn't until I read through the posts that I realized how little of me has changed. There are core principles and desires that remain latent throughout our lives and because of our environment and experiences, we continue to shape into another form.
It was good to read some of my old writings, though some were written in moments of hot anger, some were downright embarrassing and some had all the trademarks of a young, haughty, arrogant and idealistic boy. All this reminded me of who I was, what I wanted and to stay on track with these things.

1 comment:

DilettanteP said...

Hi Ben,

I recently have been doing the same as you did, reading through my old blog posts.

I realise how much I have evolved, although certain essences of my personality are still one and the same, albeit being a more centred person who is beginning to make peace within myself.

It is really enjoyable reading your blog and your life journey.

I hope you write more so I can get a better glimpse of your soul.

Take care,
P