Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Chinese New Year : 0900hrs, Leytonstone Library

So this is the Lunar New Year eh? It sure don't feel like it, i've only seen one advertisment in the tube stations announcing that there's gonna be an event at Leicester Square, but apart from that, nothing! At least i got a phone call from Dad at 3am this morning telling me that everyone has come over to visit. Yeah, that's right. Have fun when i'm not around. Bleah. Looks like no red packets for me! You guys back home may feel free to transact the money directly into my account! I can do a virtual "pai nian" via the internet! heheheheheh....

We had a barbeque a couple of nights ago. Guess we must be the only freaks having a barbeque right in the middle of winter! It was so cold we needed two fires going, one for the food, and the other for the heat! We had to raid the whole neighbourhood for discarded pieces of furniture to burn... and i made a pretty mean steak! Not me really, it was my housemate, Mr. Pieter Vieres who did most of the cooking...

I've applied for a role in Public Relations for an ink-refill company, i hope it'll pull through, for now, i've managed to impress them with my portfolio and communications plan for what i can do for them. I gotta keep my fingers crossed, with any luck, I should be hearing from them again at the end of the week.

Ah well, as the Cockneys would say : See ya later, alligator!

1 comment:

Dunno Who said...

Yeah...wish me luck, i know it doesn't sound too glamourous, but it'll do wonders for my C.V in everyway possible....