Tuesday, November 16, 2004

1224hrs +0GMT U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell resigns

You think the stuff in London is expensive? You haven't bought something from Kuala Lumpur International Airport yet. To say that the goods at KLIA is slightly overpriced, is like saying America suffered a slight disturbance during September 11th. My breakfast of toast, egg and bacon cost me $14 blood Singapore dollars. Internet access is at $10 per one hour block. Fragrance and brand name goods? Too many figures in the price for me to remember. Ugh.

Anyhow, the flight to Heathrow was breathtaking. The ubiquitous mountain, the scarlet hue stained clouds, the brown lumpy deserts, the meandering rivers (i just love that word; meandering...oooh, it's like verbal orgasm), the mountains with berets of snow, the war ravished Iraq, i'm kidding about the last one. I was just so lucky to get a row of unoccupied seats, so i managed to spend most of my travel time reclining buddha style!

Heathrow was complete chaos. The Tube (the underground station) was another story altogether. The first Londener to greet me was this stinking, drunk bloke who was having his bloody stinking dinner 2 inches from my elbow. "Wow", I thought, what a perfect lasting impression!

So I had this friend see, her name's Kay, go seek her out in my friendster list, she had me on non-stop action from the minute I put my poor aching feet on the cold stony ground.
Trust me, she and her friends are absolutely insane. No, absolutely narky would be a more suitable word! And there I was, right in the middle of London city with two mad, laughing hyenas (which very soon included me) and nobody seemed to pay any attention! Amazing.

Now, I'm jet lagged, more tired than a lazy hog and feeling completely zonked. I need my sleep. Now. Otherwise I think I might just dro...zZzzZz

No comments: