Monday, November 15, 2004

September 06th 2004. 21:13 GMT (US Markets closed for Labor Day)

A big green grin

…and that’s how I chose to begin this blog! With a big green grin! (That is not to say that I have been accumulating algae on my teeth.) Yup, I want this to start with cheers and smiles with a hint of lemon. But that’s not the reason why though. I guess each major decision for escapism requires some form of dire emotional distress. In my case, it is the rift and eventual decay of human emotions, a deterioration from agape to ludos and then to a mere laconic friendship.

 This brand new blog is going to be my documentation about finding out what the world really is about! I want to be out there, to see God’s creations. To see Man’s creations! To experience the different political systems and cultures of people everywhere. I want to learn, learn, learn and learn! Too long have I been living on an island and restricted to what the myopic media feeds me with. I want the real deal!
I am about to embark on what few Singaporeans would do. To take a few years off and go globe trotting. I’ll probably work, study and have fun internationally. It can be dangerous, it will be exciting, but nevertheless, it will be an experience that not many people will enjoy.

My date of departure is not exactly fixed yet though, but it’s going to be some time in December. That should give me some good time to clean things up and prepare. So much to do… get a new passport (my old one is really hideous), get a military exit permit (darned national service), fix up the finances… blah, blah, blah… not very many things to do, but they still need attention! Some of my closer friends must be wondering about what I’m going to do about my publishing business when I’m abroad, well, fret not guys! I’ll still be writing and printing via my correspondent back home!

“Au revoir” awaits all my friends here in sunny Singapore!

No comments: