Sunday, November 28, 2004

Oh my aching.....

...and then I got a job! Now i'm performing event work for a month, for marquee dinner and dance parties. Really good pay, free accomodation, free food, you're so busy everyday you won't get a chance to spend the money. Heaps of Australians and Kiwis, there's a Latvian guy, a Russian guy (karkanistan?), two Polish girls, a South African girl and there's me! The anomalic Singaporean!

It's all good really, I'm living in Eastern London now, at this place known as Syon Park (British Rail, Zone 4, Victoria line > Vauxhall), with beautiful sceanry. My surroundings are decorated with landscapes I have only encountered in travel magazines. A clear, glassy lake for trout fishing, a large open green field with geese and peacocks, a small castle. Even the blue sky glows with a different tinge of blue! It's all so post-cardish!!

The people here are incredibly friendly, a walk through the cold paths could bring you a couple of "hellos"and "good mornings" from the ever so approchable residents! I'd like to see some of these happening in Singapore! Ha. My very own neighbour has scant more than 2 words to say to me when I see him in the lift!

Until then...I'd like to go back to go back to my routine day dreaming again....

No comments: