Tuesday, November 16, 2004

18th October 2004 21:58hrs GMT (Man dies from cholera – Singapore)

Fate can bring your life crashing to the ground. Fate can flood you with tears overwhelming. Fate can absolutely consume all that’s left of you. So what do you do when reality sours up? Cry? Run? Surrender? Sigh? Kill yourself? No need to. I’ve learnt that no matter what evil life can serve you; missing the bus, loosing something, you fall ill, your loved ones fall ill, getting arrested, being thrown into prison, being poisoned, being served a bankruptcy notice, loosing a loved one… nothing should be cause to bring your life to a complete halt. Sure, sputter and wince a little bit, but never completely halt everything. I’ve been looking through my belongings while packing up the house and I’ve come across artifacts, photos and letters from the past. I get a heart wrenching reminder of the people I met through time. People who loved me, people who hated me and the people who said that they could not live without me. Some are still around, some… who knows? And I’m only…what? 25 years old?! I’d hate to imagine what its like to be 40. But we’ll find out pretty soon eh?

“Everyday, it’s getting closer, going faster than a roller coaster… love like yours will surely come my way!” – Don McLean

No comments: